All content within this website is protected by UK copyright. All rights reserved.
Copyright law prohibits copying; re-distributing; re-transmitting or re-purposing of any material on this site other than the cache necessary to view this site.
You are authorised to make one screen dump of any pages on this site for personal use.
Prior written agreement from Highland News & Media Ltd is required for all other uses and/or copies made.
We have taken reasonable care to ensure the accuracy or completeness of the contents of the site. However, because of the number of sources from which we obtain content and the nature of the site and distribution over the internet we do not give any warranties, express or implied, as to the availability of the site or the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on the site or the suitability of the information for any particular purpose and hereby disclaim such warranties to the extent permitted by law.
The advertising on the site does not constitute any part of an offer or contract. You should not rely on the statements in such advertising as statements or representations of fact.
Within the site you may find links or references to third party materials and third party websites outside the site. We accept no liability in respect of the contents of such materials or sites. We should not be taken to be endorsing, publishing, permitting or authorising such sites or materials. We are not a party to, or responsible for, any transaction concerning goods or services available from such third party websites.
Highland News & Media Ltd adheres to the Data Protection Act 1998. In submitting any personal data, whether via electronic means or via traditional post, this information will be held on file by Highland News & Media Ltd but will not be available either online or available to anyone other than Highland News & Media Ltd or its subsidiary companies.
When personal information has been supplied for the purpose of ordering goods or services by a third party supplier to Highland News & Media Ltd, the responsibility for the use of this data held lies with the third party supplier.
Highland News & Media Ltd does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Highland News & Media Ltd may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business customers about a particular offering that may be of interest to you.
Highland News & Media Ltd will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Highland News & Media Ltd, its websites, or printed publications; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Highland News & Media Ltd and its employees; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Highland News & Media Ltd websites and printed publications.
The site relates to the UK and as such this notice shall be subject to UK law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the UK Courts.
Placing an advertisement
1. The Advertiser agrees to supply artwork or copy no later than the deadline date detailed. Failure to meet this deadline may result in the advertiser being charged for the space.
2. Highland News and Media cannot give exclusive rights for any Advertiser’s own trade, guarantee to publish free editorial submissions or guarantee the position they may appear within any platform.
3. The Advertiser may cancel this agreement prior to the booking deadline for each publication or for event space, 28 days prior to the event. Cancellations must be given in writing.
4. The Advertiser will be sent a proof of their advertisement and they or an authorised individual should clearly mark any alterations and return by the date specified or provide verbal instructions. Should no alterations be provided we will assume that the advertisement is correct. We will endeavour to provide proofs as quickly as possible , but in some cases proofs may not be provided until 1-3 days prior to the advertisement being published.
5. Cancellation of a series booking will result in the advertiser being invoiced for discount not earned.
6. Our normal credit terms are 30 days from invoice date. New advertisers may be asked to pre-pay. All rates plus VAT at standard rate.
Removing or amending online articles
Highland News & Media Limited will only remove or amend any articles on any of its websites if there is something factually incorrect or illegal in that article.