Here you can discover the latest vacancies at Highland News & Media. Check back regularly to see if we have a job opening that suits you! HNM employees work in a variety of roles and locations, and joining us could be the exciting next step in your career!
Job Type: Full Time
Posted: 22nd Feb 2024
Closing Date: 15th March 2024
Highland News & Media - publishers of The Inverness Courier
We are passionate about local: local news, local entertainment, local sport, local politics and above all, making sure the local communities we cover trust us to keep them informed and inspired.
Our business is accelerating in a digital direction. Printed newspapers are still important to us - we sell about 23,000 newspapers each week - but our focus is on transforming into a digital-first news publisher. We’ve already made significant progress, acquiring over 3,000 digital subscribers in just 18 months
Our portfolio of marketing solutions include: print advertising, digital display, outdoor advertising, event management and sponsorship – quite a list for a company anchored in the Highlands.
We are seeking a Digital Editor to oversee teams in delivering impactful local news across its 11 titles, including Highlands & Islands Press Awards’ Website of the Year, The Inverness Courier. The successful candidate will spearhead our continuing digital transformation, enhancing content quality, expanding our multimedia offering, and fuelling digital subscription success.
Crafting Excellence in Digital Content:
- Curate and execute a cutting-edge digital content strategy to elevate the quality of our online presence.
- Collaborate with editorial teams, ensuring our content remains timely, relevant, and engaging.
Unleashing Multimedia Potential:
- Drive the integration of multimedia elements, such as video, podcasts, and interactive features, enriching our digital storytelling experience.
- Collaborate closely with editorial and production teams to craft compelling, shareable digital narratives.
Fostering Reader Engagement:
- Work with our Audience team to initiate dynamic reader engagement initiatives, from engaging social media campaigns to interactive live chats and community forums.
- Analyse user behaviour and feedback to continuously refine and enhance our digital offerings.
- Stay ahead of the curve by immersing yourself in emerging technologies and digital media trends.
- Proven experience in digital journalism.
- Exceptional editorial judgment and a deep understanding of local news and community dynamics.
- A talent for multimedia content creation and management.
- Stellar project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to transform data and insights into informed strategy.
- Passion for innovation, demonstrating a keen eye for digital media trends.
How to Apply: To apply for the role please send your CV and a brief introduction to email@example.com
We offer a hybrid office/home working pattern, but the successful candidate must be based in our Inverness or Elgin offices at least 3 days per week.
The deadline for applications is 25 th March. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.